For example, a middle school team decided to work on the idea of problem solving with their learners. They had notices that the learners were waiting for the adults to give them solutions in a variety of situations ranging from a broken pencil to deciding what to write about for a story. Rather than have a different process in each classroom, the team decided to use a common set of steps for solving problems. The team also agreed to use the same language and explicitly make the connection between the problem solving steps and their content.
- Identify the language need
- List possible terms, phrases, or gestures
- Commit and promise to use
- Plan for introduction to the learning community (include making visuals)
- Plan for continued use in the learning community